>>>> PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO COVID-19, THE NOVEL CORONAVIRUS, DATES HAVE BEEN CHANGED, PLEASE SEE BELOW.
A national juried exhibition of artist books and text-based visual works. Submissions must be visual in nature. Written text passages must be part of an artist book, painting, photograph, drawing, print, collage, sculpture, or other visual art form. Submissions may be text art, concrete/visual poetry, any of the above mentioned disciplines, or a combination thereof. Submissions may or may not contain text or type.
This exhibition is open to all U.S. residents at least 18 years of age.
Juror: Scott McCarney, artist, designer, and educator based in Rochester, NY
A total of $1,000 in cash awards, "Best in Show" receives $500!
Read the full prospectus here: PROSPECTUS
- Submission Deadline: New date, April 11 (was March 24)
- Notifications: New date, April 23 (was April 7)
- Artwork Due: New date, May 12 (was May 2)
- Exhibition Dates: New dates: May 19—June 19 (was May 16–June 19)
- Tentative Reception: New date, Saturday, May 30, 4–7 p.m. (was Saturday, May 16)
. . . . .
In addition to the exhibition, we also select a number of artists to write about their process as part of our Inside The Artist's Studio blog feature. You can read about artists from past exhibitions here.